WELCOME! Sportsmans Lodge hosts, Matt & Juliet Alexander, would love to meet you sometime soon. For quality Turangi accommodation right on the banks of the world famous Tongariro River, Sportsmans Lodge is the ideal motel to make your home for a few days. It really is the hidden accommodation gem of the Lake Taupo District and Central Plateau with its unique and tranquil Kiwi-style character. It is an affordable, relaxed and convivial motel set in the most amazing gardens – the perfect place to stay in Turangi. We are so fortunate to be right on the doorstep of:
- Some of the world’s best trout fishing waterways
- Mt Ruapehu’s Whakapapa and Turoa ski fields
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing – voted the best one-day walk in New Zealand
- 42 Traverse and other great mountain bike trails
- Grade three white-water rafting experiences for experts and novices alike
- Tongariro National Trout Centre
- Tongariro River walk
- Many beautiful walking tracks that showcase the spectacular scenery of the Central Plateau
Sportsmans Lodge is the ideal accommodation choice for fly fishermen, fishing and walking groups, skiers, family and business groups or those individuals, couples or groups who want to chill out, meet new people or reunite with old friends. We’ve even had very successful small business conferences and family celebration events at our motel – weddings, anniversaries, family reunions and special birthdays.
We are hugely proud to have received the Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards. This reflects the pleasant and comfortable stays our guests have had. It's an awesome feeling to be chosen, for three years in a row, as one of the Top 25 bargain motels in New Zealand.